All Paper submissions for full papers and short papers (work-in-progress papers) are managed through EasyChair: Submission Link.
Full papers and work-in-progress papers shall be submitted using the Springer LNCS format. Submitted full papers should not exceed 12 pages, and work-in-progress papers should not exceed 8 pages (including references and appendices). New-idea papers should be exactly 4 pages.
Final, camera-ready, revised paper have to be submitted in pdf format as well as either in LaTex or in MSWord format. The templates are available at the Springer Web site on Information for LNCS Author. The copyright form for accepted papers can be found at Springer LNCS.
Deadlines for full papers and short papers (work-in-progress papers) are:
- Deadline for Abstract Submission of Full Paper and Short Paper (Work-in-Progress Paper): June 1st, 2022
- Full Paper and Short Paper (Work-in-Progress Paper) Submission Deadline: June 7th, 2022
- Notification of Acceptance: July 19th, 2022
- Camera-Ready Deadline: August 2nd, 2022
Deadlines for special topic session proposals, tutorial proposals, and workshop proposals are:
- Submission deadline: May 1st, 2022
- Notification of Acceptance: June 7th, 2022
GECON 2022 follows the very successful previous editions of GECON conferences, in which high-quality technical papers have been presented and published in different outlets. As in the previous conferences,
- Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings that are published by Springer LNCS, which is indexed in Scopus, Web of Science, and Compendex.
- Extended versions of up to 10 accepted papers in the computer science field will be invited for publication in a special issue of the Elsevier Journal of Future Generation Computer Systems.
- For papers targeting mainly business and economics aspects within the conference, a special issue of the Springer Electronic Markets Journal with up to 5 papers is foreseen, and a special issue of the Elsevier Electronic Commerce Research and Applications with up to 5 papers is considered.
At GECON 2022, we will give out four awards:
- Best Paper award for the best full paper
- Best Student Paper award for the best paper, in which the first author is a student
- Best Poster award for the best poster presented at GECON 2021.
Original full papers present completed research that is original and contains new ideas or methodologies. The paper illustrates results that demonstrate the performance of the research.
Short Papers (Work-in-Progress Papers)
Original work-in-progress (WIP) papers present research that addresses a challenging research question but does not necessarily contain a completed analysis.
New ideas Papers
New-idea papers provide a unique opportunity for PhD students and young researchers to present their new ideas, and senior researchers to present their starting activities, current progress, or novel approaches of their works. New ideas papers will be included in the poster sessions.
After the success of the last GECON conference, GECON will include a poster session. In addition to new ideas papers, to improve work exposure and human interactions between the participants, any accepted full paper and any short paper (work-in-progress paper) is also entitled and encouraged to present a poster.
Special Topic Sessions
Special sessions are organized by two session organizers. The session organizers propose a complete session of 1.5 hours that consists of four presentations on a particular topic. The session chair promotes the session and will ensure the quality of accepted works. Papers, on which the special session presentation is based, can be included in the LNCS proceedings. A joined paper of the session presenters is also possible.
GECON 2021 looks for tutorial proposals on topics related to the conference topics. The tutorials are supposed to give PhD students an overview about existing concepts, challenges, and future research directions.
Tutorial proposals should provide a title, an abstract, and a table of content.
Contact for Questions on the Submission Process